Surfer hair is a coveted style among men and women alike. The effortless, beachy waves paired with sun-kissed highlights give off a laid-back vibe that is perfect for the summertime. If you’re looking to achieve this look, then you’re in luck! With the right tools, products, and techniques, anyone can get surfer hair. In this article, we’ll cover everything you need to know to achieve the perfect surfer hair look.
See the most searched content on our website:
- Vietnamese hair vendors
- Vietnamese hair bundles
- Double drawn Vietnamese hair
- Vietnamese hair
- Cambodian hair vendors
- Cambodian hair
Who Can Rock the Surfer Hair Look?
Anyone can rock the surfer hair look as long as their hair is long enough to create waves. However, this look works best on those with naturally wavy or curly hair. If you have straight hair, you can still achieve this style with some effort. It’s important to note that longer hair tends to work better for creating surfer hair since it allows for more movement and texture.
What Do You Need to Achieve Surfer Hair
To achieve surfer hair, you will need a few key tools and products. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Salt spray: This product will help create texture and volume in your hair.
- Curling iron or wand: This tool will help you create loose waves in your hair.
- Hairbrush: A boar bristle brush is recommended for achieving the surfer hair look.
- Hair ties: You’ll need these to section off your hair while styling.
When Should You Style Your Hair for Surfer Hair?
The best time to style your hair for surfer hair is when it’s damp. After washing your hair, towel dry it and apply salt spray evenly throughout your hair. From there, you can either let your hair air-dry or use a blow dryer on low heat to dry your hair while scrunching it with your hands.
How to Achieve Surfer Hair Step-by-Step
Now that you have all the tools and products you need, it’s time to start styling your hair. Here are the steps to follow:
- Section off your hair into four parts: top, bottom, left side, and right side.
- Starting with the bottom section, take a 1-2 inch piece of hair and wrap it around the curling iron or wand, leaving the ends out.
- Hold for 5-7 seconds before releasing the curl.
- Repeat this process with each section of hair until your entire head is curled.
- Once your curls have cooled down, use your fingers to gently loosen them up and create more texture.
- Brush through your hair with a boar bristle brush to create even more volume.
- Finish off with another spritz of salt spray for extra texture.
Pros and Cons of Surfer Hair
Like any hairstyle, there are pros and cons to achieving surfer hair. Here are some of the main ones:
- Effortless, beachy look
- Low-maintenance style
- Great for summer
- Can be difficult to achieve if you have straight hair
- Salt spray can make hair feel dry
- Requires some effort to maintain throughout the day
Alternatives to Surfer Hair
If you’re not sold on the surfer hair look, there are other beachy hairstyles you can try. Some alternatives include:
- Messy bun
- Loose, low ponytail
Tips for Maintaining Surfer Hair
Once you’ve achieved the perfect surfer hair look, it’s important to know how to maintain it. Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Avoid washing your hair every day to prevent it from getting dried out.
- Use a deep conditioning treatment once a week to keep your hair hydrated.
- When sleeping, tie your hair up in a loose bun to prevent tangles and frizz.
- Refresh your waves throughout the day with a quick spritz of salt spray.
The Best Products for Achieving Surfer Hair
If you’re looking for the best products to achieve surfer hair, here are some recommendations:
- Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray
- Ouai Wave Spray
- IGK Beach Club Texture Spray
These products will help give your hair the texture and volume it needs to achieve the perfect surfer hair look.
In conclusion, achieving the perfect surfer hair look is easier than you may think. With the right tools, products, and techniques, anyone can rock this laid-back, beachy style. Remember to embrace the natural texture of your hair, and don’t be afraid to experiment with different products and styling techniques.
Can I achieve surfer hair with short hair?
Yes, but you may need to use smaller curling irons or wands to create tighter curls.
How often should I wash my hair if I have surfer hair?
It’s recommended to wash yourhair every 2-3 days to prevent it from getting too dried out.
Can I achieve surfer hair without using heat?
Yes, you can try braiding your hair in sections before bed and letting it air-dry overnight for a more natural wave.
Can I achieve surfer hair with colored or bleached hair?
Yes, but be sure to use products that are safe for color-treated hair and avoid using too much heat to prevent further damage.
How do I prevent my surfer hair from frizzing?
Using a small amount of hair oil or serum can help tame frizz and add shine to your waves. Additionally, avoiding brushing your hair when it’s dry can help prevent frizz.
In conclusion, achieving surfer hair is all about embracing your natural hair texture and enhancing it with the right products and styling techniques. Whether you have straight hair that needs a bit of curl or wavy hair that could use some extra definition, there are plenty of ways to achieve beachy waves without ever having to hit the ocean.
By following the tips outlined in this article, including using sea salt spray, avoiding excess heat, and incorporating regular trims into your hair care routine, you can achieve the perfect surfer hair look in no time. So, grab your surfboard and hit the beach – or just your local coffee shop – with confidence and style.
Stephanie is a hair specialist at Belady Hair Factory, a high-end hair distributor located in downtown Toronto. She is a trained cosmetologist and has been with the company for over five years. Stephanie has vast knowledge in hair care and styling and can provide clients with everything from classic to trendy looks. She is also knowledgeable about the different products in the market and can help clients choose the right one for their hair type. Full her bio.