Hair care is just as important as facial care. If you don’t know how to choose the right shampoo for your hair carefully, your hair may be tangled and damaged! Shampoo is a hair care product that you must regularly use and choose the right shampoo that greatly affects the health of your hair. However, a lot of people have a question relating to this subject: can a white person use black hair products? To find the right shampoo, you first need to find out the hair type and condition of your hair. Does skin type really affect the substance of the shampoo? Let’s check it out in this article with us.
Can a white person use black hair products
The shampoo doesn’t rely upon your skin color however on your hair texture. It is true that most of the black people have a lot of thick and coarse hair, that requires a lot more complicated forms of treatment than other kinds of hair such as those of the common white people. As white people’s hair is mostly light-weight and shiny hair. Therefore, the answer to the question of “can a white person use black hair products” is that it does not matter which type of skin you have, the best shampoo for you is the one that suits your hair type. You just simply need to observe the shampoo and see that it is used for what kind of hair. Different shampoos have different characteristics for a specific hair type, such as dry and coarse hair, oily hair and so on. People don’t choose the shampoo and conditioners based on the color of their skin. They choose shampoos and conditioners depending on the kind of hair they need. Some white skin people have kinky, dry, frizzy, broken hair and a few black people get the straight, silky, oily hair.
- How to choose a suitable shampoo for you
It can be said that shampoo is the deciding factor for healthy hair. Whether a shampoo is suitable for your hair will be determined by its formula and ingredients. The only way to determine quality is to check the back label to determine the additives used by the manufacturer. There are also many affordable products that benefit money but harm your hair. Therefore, let’s learn some knowledge about how to choose a suitable shampoo for you without asking a funny and quite racist question of can a white person use black hair products.
The shampoo ingredients need to know (and should avoid)
Hair cleansing shampoos always contain large amounts of different chemical ingredients. However, to study and read each ingredient carefully is an “extreme” for men. But if we focus on finding certain keywords, it will become much easier.
This is the name of some substances that you should remember to avoid:
- Alcohol: Usually listed first, alcohol dries hair.
- Dimethicone: A synthetic polymer that often causes itching and can rash the scalp.
- Diethanolamine (DEA), triethanolamine (TEA), and synthetic scents: May cause allergy or irritation to the scalp.
- Formaldehyde and sodium chloride: Causes of baldness and itching of the scalp.
- Parabens: Toxic chemicals affect hormonal balance and cause skin irritation.
- Petroleum: Preventing the scalp of oil, can benefit the hair often secreting oil but will be a threat to the natural dry scalp.
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS): As well as Petroleum oil removal.
- Polyethylene and propylene glycol: Hair and scalp loss of natural moisture.
So which new substances are considered good for your hair? Listing the names below will be difficult because they are basically suitable for different hair conditions. Anyhow, the following substances will also help us treat some hair problems. These ingredients will help to improve your hair with all types of hair, so you will not have to wonder about the quétionof can a white person use black hair products
- Argan oil: An ideal oil that promotes balance for softer hair, split ends.
- Aloe vera: Aloe vera helps restore damaged cells on the scalp.
- Coconut oil: High in Vitamin E and an excellent moisturizer to heal damaged skin.
- Glycerin: A moisturizing agent that prolongs moisture for hair.
- Jojoba oil: Used to stimulate fast growing hair.
- Keratin: One of the protein families has a fibrous structure to enhance hair health.
- Moroccan oil: Moroccan oil keeps hair from the tangle and serves as a remedy for dandruff
- Olive oil: Provides softness for hair.
- Shea butter: Provides moisture, vitamins for the scalp.
- Tea tree oil: Resists hair follicles and helps hair grow healthy.
If you don’t have the habit of applying hair balm, choose a multi-purpose shampoo: add hair conditioner in shampoo or shampoo with conditioner.
If you have a habit of combing your hair, choose a shampoo that features hair, or shiny hair. In addition, you can choose your own products based on the following characteristics:
– For normal hair: this is the easiest hair to care for because hair has almost no problems to care for, you just need to choose simple hair cleansing shampoos, which have a sufficient amount of silicon in the product ( helps protect hair from harmful agents from the environment) and adds nutrients to refined hair from almonds, avocados, green tea or bolls.
– For oily hair: Hair will become more oily when it loses the necessary balance. The principle of choosing a shampoo for oily hair is gentle cleansing. Some products contain lemon, green tea, orange peel, grapes. With oily hair, do not wash your hair every day, it may sound a bit lacking because the hair is more oily, the more you need to wash, but that’s why the sebum in your hair is lost, causing the oil to spill more. When applying conditioner products, it is recommended to leave the hairline 3 – 4 cm away.
– For mixed hair: this is a special hair-like oily hair, except you add 1 piece of dry hair. Cleaning products you can refer to the section for oily hair, but surely you can not only use 1 2 in 1 product for the whole hair, ie own shampoo and conditioner. You can also buy a bottle of hair conditioner essence and mix with conditioner.
– For dry hair: this is not a natural hair you have had since birth, this is the result of environmental impacts, chemical products, hair care habits, sunshine, … Vitamin E-rich hair nourishing products are essential for this hair: products with coconut oil, almond oil, macadamia oil, or karité (avocado).
– For dyed hair: usually, hair dyed after 1 time will change color and dry, so you need to choose a shampoo that holds color, nourishes hair and makes shine. Often you will find products containing red fruit essences: berry, pomegranate, strawberry, … or essential oil, chrysanthemum. Do not forget the products containing silicon, the hair color protection film from the sun.
– For sensitive hair: thin hair, easily shed, broken for environmental impact, showing signs of splitting the ends even with shiny hair. With this hair, in addition to the shampoo contains butter essence, vitamin E, you need to combine with cold-pressed oil, hair masks.
No matter which shampoo you use, tell your hair, brush your hair before shampooing, so your hair will not be tangled during the shampooing process, the dirt will follow you and use warm water to wash your hair. , cold water to discharge the last turn will bring shiny hair, always apply conditioner 1 – 2 cm from hairline to create a flatness. If your hair has signs of splitting, don’t be afraid to cut it. Hair also needs to be protected from the sun, so when walking on the road, please wrap it carefully or cover it carefully.
Stephanie is a hair specialist at Belady Hair Factory, a high-end hair distributor located in downtown Toronto. She is a trained cosmetologist and has been with the company for over five years. Stephanie has vast knowledge in hair care and styling and can provide clients with everything from classic to trendy looks. She is also knowledgeable about the different products in the market and can help clients choose the right one for their hair type. Full her bio.