If you’re someone who’s looking for the perfect hair color or texture, then you’ve probably heard of 7A hair. But what is 7A hair? How is it different from other hair types and colors? In this article, Belady Hair Factory will answer all your questions about 7A hair, including what it is, how to dye it, its pros and cons, alternatives, step-by-step guide, compare it with other hair types, tips to maintain it, and the best products you can use.
What is 7A Hair?
7A hair is a type of hair extension that is made of 100% human hair. The term “7A” refers to the quality of the hair, which is rated on a scale of 1-10, with 10 being the highest quality. 7A hair is known for its softness, thickness, and natural-looking texture. It is also durable and long-lasting, making it a popular choice among people who want to enhance their hair’s volume, length, or color.
How to Dye 7A Hair?
Dyeing your hair is a great way to change up your look and express your personality. If you have 7A hair, you can dye it just like you would your natural hair. However, there are some things you should keep in mind to ensure that the color turns out the way you want it to. Here are some tips for dyeing 7A hair:
- Choose the right hair dye: Make sure to choose a hair dye that is specifically designed for use on human hair extensions. Also, make sure to choose a shade that complements your skin tone and natural hair color.
- Prepare your hair: Before dyeing your hair, make sure to wash it thoroughly with a gentle shampoo and conditioner. This will remove any dirt, oil, or product buildup that may interfere with the dyeing process.
- Apply the dye: Follow the instructions on the hair dye package carefully. Apply the dye evenly to your 7A hair, starting at the roots and working your way down to the ends.
- Rinse and condition: Once the dye has set, rinse your hair thoroughly with cool water until the water runs clear. Then, apply a deep conditioner to your hair to help restore moisture and protect it from damage.
Pros and Cons of 7A Hair
Like any other hair type, 7A hair has its pros and cons. Here are some of the advantages and disadvantages of using 7A hair:
- Natural-looking: 7A hair is made of real human hair, so it looks and feels natural.
- Versatile: You can style 7A hair just like you would your natural hair. You can curl, straighten, or style it in any way you want.
- Long-lasting: With proper care and maintenance, 7A hair can last up to six months or more.
- Easy to maintain: 7A hair is easy to wash, style, and maintain. All you need is a good shampoo, conditioner, and styling products.
- Expensive: 7A hair is more expensive than synthetic hair extensions.
- Requires maintenance: To keep your 7A hair looking its best, you’ll need to maintain it regularly by washing, conditioning, and styling it.
- May cause hair damage: If not installed or removed properly, 7A hair extensions can cause hair damage or breakage.
Alternatives to 7A Hair
If you’re not sure if 7A hair is right for you, there are plenty of alternatives to consider. Here are some options to explore:
- Synthetic hair extensions: Synthetic hair extensions are a more affordable alternative to 7A hair. They come in a wide range of colors and textures, but they don’t look or feel as natural as 7A hair.
- Clip-in extensions: Clip-in extensions are a temporary way to add length and volume to your hair. They’re easy to install and remove, but they’re not as long-lasting as 7A hair.
- Tape-in extensions: Tape-in extensions are a semi-permanent way to add length and volume to your hair. They’re easy to install and maintain, but they can be expensive and require professional installation.
Step-by-Step Guide to Install 7A Hair
If you’ve decided that 7A hair is right for you, here’s a step-by-step guide on how to install it:
- Wash your hair and scalp with a gentle shampoo and conditioner.
- Part your hair into sections and clip them out of the way.
- Measure and cut the 7A hair extensions to fit your head.
- Apply a small amount of hair glue or tape to the weft of the extension.
- Starting at the back of your head, place the extension on your scalp and press down firmly.
- Repeat the process with the remaining sections of your hair, working your way up to the top of your head.
- Style your hair as desired using a curling iron or straightener.
- To remove the extensions, use a hair glue remover or tape remover and gently pull them off.
- Wash your hair and scalp thoroughly to remove any residue from the glue or tape.
Compare 7A Hair with Other Hair Types
When it comes to hair extensions, there are many different types of hair to choose from. Here’s how 7A hair compares to some other popular hair types:
- 5A hair: 5A hair is a lower quality of human hair than 7A hair. It is thinner, less durable, and may not last as long.
- 9A hair: 9A hair is a higher quality of human hair than 7A hair. It is thicker, softer, and may look and feel more natural.
- Synthetic hair: Synthetic hair is made of plastic fibers that are designed to look like real hair. It is cheaper than 7A hair but may not look or feel as natural.
Tips for Maintaining 7A Hair
To keep your 7A hair looking its best, here are some tips to follow:
- Use a gentle shampoo and conditioner to wash your hair.
- Avoid using hot tools on your hair too often, as this can cause damage.
- Brush your hair regularly with a soft-bristled brush to prevent tangles.
- Store your 7A hair in a cool, dry place when you’re not wearing it.
- Protect your hair from the sun and harsh weather conditions by wearing a hat or scarf.
The Best Products for 7A Hair
To maintain your 7A hair and keep it looking its best, here are some of the best products you can use:
- A gentle shampoo and conditioner that is specifically designed for human hair extensions.
- Argan oil or other hair oils to help add moisture and shine to your hair.
- A deep conditioning mask to help restore damaged hair.
- A heat protectant spray to use before using hot tools on your hair.
- A detangling brush to help prevent tangles and breakage.
7A hair is a popular choice for those looking to enhance their hair’s length, volume, or color. It is known for its natural-looking texture, durability, and ease of maintenance. While it may be more expensive than other types of hair extensions, it is worth the investment if you want high-quality, long-lasting results. By following these tips and using the right products, you can keep your 7A hair looking beautiful for months to come.
Q: Can I dye 7A hair at home?
A: Yes, but make sure to follow the instructions carefully and use a hair dye specifically designed for use on human hair extensions.
Q: How often should I wash my 7A hair?
A: It depends on your lifestyle and how often you wear your extensions. Generally, you should wash them every 7-14 days.
Q: How long do 7A hair extensions last?
A: With proper care and maintenance, 7A hair extensions can last up to six months or more.
Q: Can I style 7A hair with hot tools?
A: Yes, but make sure to use a heat protectant spray to avoid causing damage.
Q: What’s the difference between 7A hair and synthetic hair extensions?
A: 7A hair is made of 100% human hair and looks and feels more natural than synthetic hair extensions, which are made of plastic fibers.and can look less realistic and may not last as long.
Q: Is 7A hair suitable for all hair types?
A: Yes, 7A hair extensions are suitable for all hair types, but you should consult with a professional stylist to determine the best type of extensions for your specific hair needs.
Stephanie is a hair specialist at Belady Hair Factory, a high-end hair distributor located in downtown Toronto. She is a trained cosmetologist and has been with the company for over five years. Stephanie has vast knowledge in hair care and styling and can provide clients with everything from classic to trendy looks. She is also knowledgeable about the different products in the market and can help clients choose the right one for their hair type. Full her bio.